Your students will love practicing their research skills with these fun and exciting animal research reports! They are perfect for second and third grade and are a great way to incorporate technology into your lessons.
I created these research templates to go along with the book What Do You Do With a Tail Like This? by Steve Jenkins. However, they can easily be used without the book. There are 10 different animals in this pack:
- African elephant
- bald eagle
- humpback whale
What is included:
- 10 QR code pages (one for each animal). There is a color and a black and white version.
- Each page has 3 or 4 websites that provide basic information about each animal. Students can use their device to scan the code and go to the website. They can use the camera in the Chromebook or a QR code reader app.
- 3 different pages for students to record their notes.
- 2 research templates (one page for each animal). One set has a question for students to write in the fact they learned about the animal from the book. The second set has a different option for students to write 3 adjectives describing the animal. This way you can use these pages without the book.
- A list of all the websites that I used to create the QR codes.
I have looked at each website thoroughly. I believe they are appropriate for elementary students. They are from National Geographic Kids, San Diego Zoo, Ducksters, DK Find Out, Animal Fact Guide and Science Kids. If you find a link that is broken please contact me immediately so I can fix it.
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library, LLC. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.